Snobal is a small but growing virtual reality technology company at an exciting time of growth. Based out of The Dream Factory in Melbourne’s inner West (Footscray) we are building VR Tools for business. We are seeking for an experienced but collaborative Production Manager to take the lead on bringing together awesome VR environments and our VR Tools to be used by for some of Australia’s biggest companies.
You will work in a small, friendly but professional environment, collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team, including developers, 3D artists, communications and marketing and the founders to create high quality virtual reality experiences and building our VR tools primarily for deployment to Vive but also other head mounted displays as needed including Oculus, Fove, HDK2, and mobile (Google Daydream).
The Production Manager leads and manages all aspects of Snobal work, from assisting with and where needed taking lead on scoping and budgeting, to resourcing, technical development, user experience and implementation of clients onboard onto our VR tools. Acting as the pivot point between existing and potential clients and the internal development team and management you will use your outstanding production, communication, technical knowledge and stakeholder relationship skills to manage a variety of our key strategic projects and programs to prepare our growing team for the future.
Here’s a short – though not exhaustive list – of some of the areas of work duties.
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and partner with them to formulate the delivery road-map and project plans to support business strategies and goals.
- Work with development team and management to define scope, resourcing requirements and cost estimates.
- Apply Agile Software delivery practices to internal and external teams, and at times educating stakeholders and others involved while managing a project
- Take responsibility for managing delivery scope, estimates, risks, and financials throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- It is anticipated this role will be predominantly office based with client visits – both local and interstate and in time international – as needed.
- Manage client expectations. Push back when scope creep of suggested budgets are not realistic whilsts understanding constraints of clients. Ensure client work comes in on time and on budget and exceed expectations.
- Build and safeguard client relationships.
- Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing client relationships always open to new opportunities for our VR tools to enhance clients work processes and to yield continuing opportunities for Snobal.
- Attend relevant networking events as needed.
- Demonstrate great people management skills including motivating team members to meet schedule and quality requirements for deliverables. Resolve conflicts within team as needed ensuring all team on same page. Lead team where needed to deliver on schedule and within budget. Be hands on as required to ensure smooth delivery of project.
- Apply project leadership strategy, principles, and activities that influence positive change for the client and stakeholders.
- Help manage internal development team challenges and issues as they arise. Seek guidance from the management when needed or for difficult or sensitive issues.
- Navigate teams of a growing size through all phases of project delivery to ensure successful delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Capture innovations, research and development, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wide Snobal team.
- Provide input and knowledge into research and development requirements for Snobal.
- Positively provide input into the team as the team grows.
Qualities we expect:
- Consistently evaluates work processes and efficiency and makes changes as necessary
- Support team where and when necessary with a hands on approach if needed.
- Help identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of Snobal
- Embraces working in a small, dynamic but growing multidisciplinary team
- Relaxed professional outlook and presentation
We are initially looking for full time (though flexible about this for the right person) contract commitment possibly moving to ongoing soon after.You will need to be based in Melbourne, Australia and will work largely from our offices at The Dream Factory in Footscray.
Renumeration is negotiable depending on experience.
Apply with your resume and covering letter via email
Include links to your website / portfolio (if relevant)
Include links to your LinkedIn profile (if relevant)
Email info[at]snobal[dot]io with the subject header – ” Production Manager 20170222
COB Mon 27 Feb 2017
Last updated: 20170222