We’re at an exciting time of growth as recently Snobal was announced as one of the 33 global start-ups selected for the HTC ViveX Accelerator Program. We are looking for a Snr Developer keen on honing their skills in virtual reality development. This is an exciting key role and for the right person interested in working with a dynamic start-up with big plans.
Naturally you will be technically skilled and creative but equally important is the right frame of mind. You’ll be a key part of the core team, instrumental in the development of our VR Tools and VR experiences and will also work on supporting enterprise projects.
We anticipate you will work closely with our small but growing development and be open to mentoring the development team, including interns as we grow and they come on board.
You’ll be inquisitive, entrepreneurial with a passion for ideas and problem solving.
Working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment you will be open to learning and sharing your knowledge with your co-workers naturally you’ll be creative keen to push the technical envelope in the development of virtual reality environment.
At the moment our team is still small (but growing!) it means you can be across all aspects of our VR development and have your contributions and opinions heard and considered.
You will take a strategic approach to our VR Tool development – taking it from where it is now and designing and building appropriate tools to ensure a robust and scalable work process.
Here’s a short- though not exhaustive list – of some of the areas you’ll be responsible for:
- Delivery of technically complex Unity based applications / solutions
- Exploring applications of other game engines including Unreal
- Developing clever solutions for complex projects
- Effectively communicating with an interdisciplinary team
- Ensure against the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information
- Actively contribute and attend client and other stakeholder meetings and presentations as necessary
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Package and support deployment of releases as needed. Work with team mates in the migration of legacy applications to current technologies
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Advanced scripting abilities (essential)
- Advanced Unity or Unreal engine editor experience (essential)
- Experience with networked multiplayer environment
- Ideally experienced with networking, C#, C++
- Experience in product development lifecycles from prototyping through to completion
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- Experience designing and developing VR experiences
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping
- Consistently evaluates technical efficiency and makes changes as necessary
- Support team where and when necessary with a hands on approach
- Ability to pick up legacy code and maintain development momentum
- Identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of a company
- Drive forward a new development team and assist in recruiting where necessary
We love freelancers, contractors and micro-businesses. If you’re one of these then don’t be shy about getting in touch. We are initially looking for contract (3+months) commitment possibly moving to ongoing soon after.
You will need to be based in Melbourne, Australia and you will work largely from our offices at The Dream Factory in Footscray.
Deadline for application: Ongoing, until position filled.
Submit your application along with a link to your LinkedIn profile, GitHub profile, Twitter profile, website / blog or project links of your work. In fact anything else that shows us how awesome you are!
If your browser is having difficulty viewing the application form above then please try the form here on the Typeform website or if you prefer email info[at]snobal[dot]io .