About the opportunity:
This newly created opportunity will see you working closely with the product development and business management team in the development of our AI assisted XR Twin solutions. Reporting to the Creative Director and working on all things XR, the role will see you joining a rapidly expanding, collaborative development team. Your key liaison points will be across technical product / solution development and creative input as needed.
We're Snobal, a fast growing emerging technology company transforming the built environment and physical assets through development of whole-life, artificial intelligence (AI) assisted XR (virtual reality and augmented reality) products.
We value diversity in life, life experiences and outlook and while our strategy is clear we believe in giving people flexibility in how they execute the strategy. We're at an exciting time of growth and are looking for curious minded and collaborative people who are keen on working in an ambitious high growth emerging technology company.
We offer a flexible working environment in Collins Square, Docklands in Melbourne.
As a key member of a multidisciplinary development team, the Senior Artist will collaborate with the Creative Director to establish artistic and performance goals for the delivery of art assets and environments for XR. Specific focus will be on developing solutions for Snobal’s BIM to XR pipeline and scalable workflows to optimise geometry, import various file/data formats such as GIS, IFC and native file formats from common BIM applications such as Revit and Navisworks. The Senior Artist will work closely with developers to produce imaginative solutions for Snobal’s products across VR, AR and Web.
What you'll do
Here’s the key areas you’ll be responsible for:
- Continually drive efficiencies and high quality in all areas of art asset production
- Responsible for the quality of the models and ensure that they are produced on time.
- Model and texture high quality, high and low poly 3D content.
- Developing modelling and PBR texture workflows
- Developing and managing the BIM to XR pipeline
- Developing lighting solutions
- Developing animations
- Suggest smart solutions when necessary so as to meet set objectives.
- Contribute to the development of the product and solutions.
- Work as a collaborative member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Seek guidance from the management when needed or for difficult or sensitive issues.
- Help capture innovations, document research and development, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wide Snobal team.
- Provide input and knowledge into research and development requirements for Snobal.
- Positively provide input into the team as the team grows.
- Be an active contributor of Snobal to our partner, external relevant conferences, networking events as required that help build and develop our profile on a local and international stage. [This may require at time local, national or international travel as needed.]
- Possess a great working attitude and the ability to work across a multi-disciplinary team
- Have a passion for emerging technologies and how to design for outcomes
- Possess great presentation skills with the ability to provide strong rationale for your design decisions
- Be open to feedback and design inputs and understand how to manage clients both internal and external expectations.
- Understand the requirements of Enterprise and Corporate clients, working to established styles and guidelines.
- Have experience with realtime engines (Unity preferable) and general associated workflows
This is a full time position. Remuneration is negotiable depending on experience.
Send us your application letter outlining " why you" along with your resume and relevant links for e.g. LinkedIn profile, website. GitHub or other project links you think might be of interest.
Send your application to:
Please write - Senior Artist - 25062019 - in subject heading.
The opportunity will remain open until the right candidate is found so we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No recruiters please. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this opportunity.