Snobal is one of world's earliest technology companies working exclusively in virtual reality and augmented reality (XR) solutions for the built environment. Our clients include some of the worlds largest engineering and construction companies. We are transforming the way the built environment is designed, communicated, constructed and managed.
We value diversity in life, life experiences and outlook and while our strategy is clear we believe in giving people flexibility in how they execute the strategy. We're at an exciting time of growth and are looking for curious minded and collaborative people who are keen on working in an ambitious high growth emerging technology company.
We offer an attractive remuneration package along with ongoing technological and professional development and support. Our culture is supportive and one that empowers people to reach their professional potential and promotes team work.
We offer a flexible working environment in Collins Square, Docklands in Melbourne (5mins walk from Southern Cross Station).
About the opportunity:
The Software Engineer (XR Development) is a newly created opportunity which will see you join us at an exciting time of growth.
Reporting to the Lead Product Engineer you will work closely with the product development and business management team in the development of our AI assisted XR platform and products for engineering, construction and infrastructure development.
Travel occasionally (domestic and international) for conferences, client support, and / or client meetings may at times be required.
This is a full time position. Remuneration is negotiable depending on experience.
You will be a great communicator, independent, motivated and reliable. Naturally you will be talented at your craft but equally important is the right frame of mind. You’ll be a key part of the core team, instrumental in the development and scaling of Snobal's integrated XR platform and products for the engineering and construction market.
You will thrive on handling multiple projects simultaneously and help drive them to completion effectively. Working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment you will be open to learning and sharing your knowledge with your co-workers. Our team is small but growing fast which means you can be across all aspects of product development.
General responsibilities include:
- Being an integral part of a high-performing development team
- Developing applications using C++ and Unreal Engine on Windows and Linux
- Producing powerful, intuitive tools for use in VR/AR systems
- Closely integrating with Snobal’s backend systems
- Optimising rendering and user-experience in VR/AR systems
You will have:
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- Substantial C++ development experience on Microsoft Windows
- Solid experience developing in Unreal Engine
- Built C++ applications / libraries
- A solid understanding of Software Engineering fundamentals
- A relevant degree qualification
You will be
- A great communicator
- Embrace working in a cross disciplinary and collaborative way
Experience in any of the following would be highly regarded:
- Working with 3D data, rendering, lighting etc
- Linux / UNIX software development
- Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality
Submit your application to email@example.com outlining " why you" along with your resume and relevant links for e.g. LinkedIn profile, website, GitHub or other project links you think might be of interest. Please include in the subject heading: Software Engineer (XR Development - Unreal Engine) - 08.11.19
The opportunity will remain open until the right candidate is found so we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No recruiters please.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this opportunity.