- A talented, experienced, self-driven Fullstack Software Engineer who can contribute to
Snobal delivering on its mission of being the enterprise VR platform that powers the
- Be instrumental in the development of our VR workplace platform;
- Help support deploying and maintaining our platform and VR/AR experiences using the
latest cloud technologies (AWS) and backend and frontend web environment;
- Work with a seriously talented team of experts in VR/AR with a supportive, flexible culture that embraces remote working;
- Work with enterprise and education customers spanning North America, Europe and
- Full time ongoing position with remuneration negotiable depending on experience;
Snobal was founded in 2014 with a vision to make it easy for organisations to meet, collaborate and work together using VR/AR. Now, Snobal is the virtual workplace platform of choice powering the enterprise metaverse for companies globally.
In July 2022 Snobal announced that it had signed with Altaverse Technologies Corp with a goal to complete a Canadian public listing on the NEO Exchange, Canada’s tier 1 stock exchange for the innovation economy.
Snobal’s technology focus is on three areas – cloud, VR/AR development and integration and security. We’re undergoing a period of expansion and are looking for a enthusiastic and talented Jnr/Mid Full Stack Software Engineer who can help deploying and maintaining our web based using the latest cloud technologies (AWS) and backend and frontend web environment.
Snobal team members work 100% remotely and stay connected and collaborating via Google Chat, regular virtual daily standups, team meetings and virtual catchups. We value diversity in life, life experiences and outlook and while our strategy is clear we believe in giving people flexibility in how they execute the strategy.
All our roles come with:
- A flexible work environment enables you to balance the things in life that matter to you;
- Work from anywhere (well, virtual is in our DNA!);
- Employee Assist Program (EAP) with access to free short term counseling services for you and your immediate family and information that seeks to help you feel and be at your best;
- Supportive and collaborative environment with weekly virtual social catchups and six-monthly in-person meetups (restrictions permitting);
- Commitment to wellness with an annual all team Wellness Day;
- Personalized professional & development opportunities.
About the role:
- Help support our roadmap by developing clean code whilst also ensuring it is aligned with business outcomes.
- Provide input into technical discussions on the design and build of new features and
functionality on our platform and VR/AR experiences on the platform.
- Play a key role to assist where required with information gathering and resolution for
customer technical support issues.
- Support the development and help to craft and communicate standard practices and
methodologies for front end engineering and interact with our back end systems as
- Support the development and help maintain scalable, autonomous, flexible, solutions
across platform architecture, security protocols, ticketing systems, and API development.
- Help to support and drive the automation of processes for our platform and VR/AR
- Proactively contribute and help to ensure the security, availability and site reliability of our infrastructure and ensure the following of security best practices.
- Key driver for engaged external software development resources from requirement setting to day to day reporting and delivery.
- Proactively seek to share knowledge with team members and help build organizational
- Proactively identify areas of continuous improvement. Participate in design and code
reviews and help to drive a culture of quality in software development.
- Communicate and collaborate with other multidisciplinary team members to figure out the best solution to tricky problems.
- Contribute to the development of the product road-map.
You will have:
- Proven commercial experience working with HTML, CSS
- Hands on experience with front-end build pipelines and tools including code versioning tools
- A security first mindset with an understanding of enterprise software security principles
- Experience with cloud infrastructure engineering on AWS and Terraform/Ansible
experience would be highly regarded
- Commercial software development experience in a Linux / UNIX environment
- Experience using tools such as Gitlab, Jira, Confluence
- Experience integrating 3rd party plugins, SDKs and APIs
- Thorough experience with source control systems like GIT
- Collaborate with team leads to inform and standardize best practice
- Be open to feedback and inputs and understand how to manage clients both internal and external expectation
- A working style that is highly collaborative and open to working with multidisciplinary team members
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and troubleshooting skills
- Great communication skills with the ability to provide strong rationale for decisions and openness to feedback and input
- Experience working in agile teams and a keen understanding of software engineering with familiarity of building for cloud experience
- Experience in B2B SAAS highly regarded
- Exposure to developing for VR using standalone 6dof android devices
Send us your application outlining "why you" along with your resume and relevant links for e.g. LinkedIn profile, website or other project links you think might be of interest.
The opportunity will remain open until the right candidate is found so we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
This position is 100% remote and the successful applicant will need to be located in Australia and cross over for a substantial part of their day in the Melbourne time zone (AEST/AEDT).
No recruiters, please. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion. Thank you for your understanding and interest.