- A talented, inquisitive, self-driven Backend Software Engineer who can contribute to
Snobal delivering on its mission of being the enterprise VR platform that powers the
- Help support deploying and maintaining our platform and cloud VR/AR solutions using the latest cloud technologies (AWS) and backend web environment.
- Work with a seriously talented team of experts in VR/AR with a supportive, flexible culture that embraces virtual working.
- Work with enterprise and education customers spanning North America, Europe and
- Full time ongoing position with remuneration negotiable depending on experience;
- This position will report to Cloud Engineering Lead or delegate;
Snobal was founded in 2014 with a vision to make it easy for organisations to meet, collaborate and work together using VR/AR. Now, Snobal is the virtual workplace platform of choice powering the enterprise metaverse for companies globally.
In July 2022 Snobal announced that it had signed with Altaverse Technologies Corp with a goal to complete a Canadian public listing on the NEO Exchange, Canada’s tier 1 stock exchange for the innovation economy.
Snobal’s technology focus is on three areas – cloud, VR/AR development and integration and security. We’re undergoing a period of expansion and are looking for a enthusiastic and talented Jnr/Mid Full Stack Software Engineer who can help deploying and maintaining our web based using the latest cloud technologies (AWS) and backend and frontend web environment.
Snobal team members work 100% remotely and stay connected and collaborating via Google Chat, regular virtual daily standups, team meetings and virtual catchups. We value diversity in life, life experiences and outlook and while our strategy is clear we believe in giving people flexibility in how they execute the strategy.
All our roles come with:
- A flexible work environment enables you to balance the things in life that matter to you;
- Work from anywhere (well, virtual is in our DNA!);
- Employee Assist Program (EAP) with access to free short term counseling services for you and your immediate family and information that seeks to help you feel and be at your best;
- Supportive and collaborative environment with weekly virtual social catchups and six-monthly in-person meetups (restrictions permitting);
- Commitment to wellness with an annual all team Wellness Day;
- Personalized professional & development opportunities.
What you'll do
Here’s the key areas you’ll help with:
- Help support our roadmap by developing clean code whilst also ensuring it is aligned with business outcomes.
- Provide input into technical discussions on the design and build of new features and functionality on our platform and VR/AR experiences on the platform.
- Play a key role to assist where required with information gathering and resolution for customer technical support issues.
- Identify and suggest strategies and help implement responses to cyber risks within our
- Identify and implement best practices identified security protocols
- Help ensure the security, availability and site reliability of our infrastructure
- Partner with the team to ensure security issue remediation efforts are prioritized correctly and responded to
- Help develop and maintain new functionality for Snobal’s backend systems
- Help develop and maintain scalable, autonomous, flexible, solutions across platform
architecture, security protocols, ticketing systems, and API development
- Help conceptualize and then deploy, support and maintain complex AWS infrastructure and our web based platform
- Contribute to the development of the product road-map
You will have:
- 8 + years overall experience, with 3-5 years of experience with cloud infrastructure
engineering on AWS and Terraform/Ansible experience (mandatory)
- demonstrated experience of implementing best practice cybersecurity controls in cloud
enterprise environments (e.g., Identity and Access Management) (mandatory)
- experience working in DevOps environments, CI/CD agile eco system with GitLab
- commercial software development / deployment experience in a Linux / UNIX
- experience working with databases, analytics and big-data
- a solid understanding of Software Engineering fundamentals
- a relevant degree qualification or equivalent
- a great working attitude and the ability to work across a multi-disciplinary team
- great communication skills with the ability to provide strong rationale for your decisions
- an openness to feedback and input
- an understanding of the requirements of Enterprise and Corporate clients working to
established styles and guidelines
- Experience working with serverless framework
- Frontend web development (ideally in React)
- Machine learning
- Big data
- Stream processing / graph databases
- Interest in and a passion for newer technologies including Virtual Reality / Augmented
Send us your application outlining "why you" along with your resume and relevant links for e.g. LinkedIn profile, website or other project links you think might be of interest.
The opportunity will remain open until the right candidate is found so we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
This position is 100% remote and the successful applicant will need to be located in Australia and cross over for a substantial part of their day in the Melbourne time zone (AEST/AEDT).
No recruiters, please. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion. Thank you for your understanding and interest.